Friday, November 13, 2009

Laughter Is the Best Medicine



Proverbs 17:22 "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."

I've had a pretty yucky week. I came down sick with something on Saturday last week, which meant I had to cancel on watching kids for the BCMD conference. This means ever since I've been worrying about what I'm going to do for Christmas presents, since I won't have that $250 to rely on. I've also been coming to the depressing realization that an English Bachelor's Degree is about as useful as a high school diploma when one is looking for any kind of specific job. Nobody wants it.

Meanwhile, Johnny came down sick too, so we were both stuck in the same apartment for five days with fevers and bad attitudes. Needless to say, that combination didn't exactly make us very friendly with each other. In fact, it wasn't until last night that we actually even sat down and talked. I've been depressed about my job situation and marriage and school all week. Not a happy camper.

But I'll tell you what: Laughter is the best medicine. I found this "channel" on Youtube called How It Should Have Ended (HISHE), and they have a few on there that literally had me in fits of laughter. Such as this one:



I'm still giggling.

Anyway, I really need to get on the ball. I have a project due for class and my GAs are having a lock-in tonight... and I for one, don't have some insane do-everything-I-need-done gadget on my utility belt. In fact, I don't even have a utility belt. So yeah...

8 comments:

  1. Lol..."I'm batman. It's what I do- I carry things on my belt..." Fantastic!

    Yeah, I traded my utility belt in for the Supermom cape...sometimes I wish I had it back! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the video. That's pretty funny. Of COURSE they meet up at a coffee shop and try to outdo each other with their stories. LOL Good laughs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured I'd post here because I am coming over from Home Sanctuary for company girl coffee, but I read your last post and I just wanted to let you know that I could relate. I am from the West Coast and it's where most of my family is (Oregon). My husband's family is all in North Carolina. Guess where we are. Yup, North Carolina. From one coast to another. It's really hard and I can totally understand how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that things haven't been going well. I'm glad you and your husband had a talk. Hope things work out sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you've been sick! I hope you're feeling better. I agree laughter is a great medicine! Have a great weekend and a much better week!
    LydiaCate

    ReplyDelete
  6. being sick is certainly not a fun time...I always panic tyhat I'm never going to feel better.....my son, has been schooling for the last 10 yrs and is just finishing up his Phd in theology...and can't get a teaching job either...hard times to be sure. Hope next week is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it's been a rough week. I wish I could bring you some soup, but I'll be first admit I'm pretty glad your hubby cleaned up the kitty poo poo. I'd rather bring soup than do that.

    Here's Virtual Soup. Just for you.

    OK enough of my silliness. I do hope ou get to feeling better and that another opportunity to make $$ materialized for you. It is tough when things are tight, and I say this after 26 yrs of feast and famine. Feast is way more fun, but there will be blessing in the "famine" times too. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete