Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just Another Tuesday

It still amazes me how much Hannah determines what kind of day I have. I guess that statement alone gives away my noob-parenthood status. But her nap schedule literally determines whether I clean the whole house or don't even manage to fit in a shower.
Today was an intermediate day. I've already done the laundry and the dishes, but I just barely managed the shower around three o'clock. Then I had a pleasant surprise: I went to put on a sweater I had before I was pregnant. Before I was pregnant, this sweater was a tad on the fitted side. Now I'm practically drowning in it. Yay for losing weight accidentally! :)
We have family dinner night tonight. It's not really my favorite night of the week. I know it's terrible of me, but I just get stressed out getting together every week for dinner with all of Johnny's dad's side of the family. It's noisy and crowded and almost never starts on time, so if you don't eat a snack before you come you'll be past starving by the time everyone actually gets situated at the table. During my pregnancy, that was the worst. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the family manages to stay so close. But my family saw each other about once a year, at Christmas, and for special occasions like birthdays or graduations, so I guess I grew up accustomed to more distant relations. Johnny's family, on the other hand, sees each other three or four times a week: Tuesday nights for dinner, Wednesday nights at church activities, Sunday mornings at church, and Sunday afternoons when they all go to someone's house to watch the game or race. And that's not even counting all the family vacations and RV and camping trips they take on every single holiday weekend. These people seriously can't get enough of each other. I feel like a snob saying it, but sometimes I feel a little tired of all this togetherness. But I should really quit whining. I'm sure someday I'll get more used to it. After all, it's only been five years... (I actually didn't mean for that to come out as sarcastic as it sounded.)
Anyway, Hannah's still sleeping, so I'm going to take advantage of my thinner tummy and stuff it with some guilt-free Oreos while I fold laundry. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment