Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thoughts on Coffee

I love coffee. It is in fact probably my favorite drink, if not my favorite thing extant, altogether.
But all during the pregnancy I couldn't drink it. I had blood pressure issues both before and during, so I avoided caffeine like the plague. Plus, the constant smell of cheap coffee brewing in the office made me sick. I did occasionally have a tall decaf latte at Starbucks, but I don't consider that coffee, neccesarily. Coffee is the casual everyday morning liquid, not the $6 investment bought and consumed in less than five minutes.
Anyway, when my parents flew out last week I made a point of purchasing a coffee maker (I know, shocking that I didn't have one right? My last one, a cheap little one-cup maker, broke, and my husband's a tea drinker, so given our tight budget, I had just been making due without.). We stoped to pick them up some coffee, so I decided to buy some decaf for myself, and every morning since, I've been enjoying a hot cup of decaf with my breakfast. And it has just reminded me how dearly I love coffee. I love the smell of it, the taste of it, the way it brings people together. I love how sipping it provides for the occasional thoughtful pause in conversation. I love how it seems to awaken and relax people all at once. I love how it pairs with all sorts of flavors and textures, and goes well with any meal at any time of day, or even alone. Coffee is like God's cover-all liquid. And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment