Thursday, May 24, 2012

Two Years Later...


Wow...

Just wow...

Here I am, two years later, and just remembered suddenly that I actually do have a blog. Shows you how much I care apparently! Not that anyone ever reads this silly thing. Meh... perhaps that'll change. This could be the year I become an internet sensation!!! (Sarcasm, anyone?)

So, let's see, what has changed in the past two years...

Well, I have an almost 2-year old now. She's blonde as can be, loves green beans and apples, and throws a tantrum every time I tell her to put her toys away. Yaaaay me...

Still a stay-at-home mom, but I also watch two other kids. One is almost 3, the other is 6-months. I'll be losing the 6-month old pretty soon here, though, since his mom is a school-teacher and gets off for the summer next month. Honestly, I'm looking forward to it. Despite how fun having a cute little baby in the house is, three kids in my tiny living room makes for zero elbow room.

Oh yes, did I mention we moved? We are now living further north, still in an apartment, but with a townhouse layout. We have stairs! I have plants! (Well, still in pots, but whatevs.)

We're role-playing more now. Johnny GMs a Star Wars game that meets at our house once or twice a month. It's a blast.

I'm also playing a bunch of different play-by-post (PbP) games on various websites. Feel free to check them out, they are lots of fun and very rules-light:





And, possibly the most amazing one ever:
Spookhouse (Think "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" meets "Ghostbusters" and has a kid who joins the army in WWII)

Hmm... what else...

Oh yeah, I'm a ninja!
Psych. I'm just taking Tai Chuan Do. But I earned my yellow belt about six months ago and going for orange now. Best part? It's free! I've also managed to lose nearly twenty pounds, though I'm going for forty by September and ninety altogether.

Another of my new hobbies helps out toward that goal: Darkon! Think uber-geeks dressing up in medieval costumes and running around bashing each other with foam weapons. This particular sport has given me so many bruises I look like I'm being beaten at home, but no, I'm just a glutton for punishment. For awesome, foam-weapon-induced punishment! I'm on the team (called countries) of Elidor, which just sort of happened when I found out one of our friends happens to also do this. I'm considered an "undeclared fighter" for the moment, but one more event and I either get to try out new weapons or wear armor (I can't remember which). Woot!

I also wrote a book. It's called Secret Santa, and it was supposed to be a “Christian romance novel”. However, I think it's just a tad too racy for Family Christian to stock. Alas. Meh, I'm kinda ashamed of it anyway: I've never thought of becoming a romance author. Normally I find romance stories kind of… well... stupid (My apologies to romance fans and authors-- I'm just stating a personal opinion here!). I usually prefer science fiction or murder mysteries. And this one is pretty much as formulaic of a romance as you can get-- which is probably why I actually finished it. But I suppose I should just congratulate myself on finishing a book. Now to write one I wouldn't be embarrassed to publish!

Aside from all that (and some extended family drama that I am sure I would be flaggelated for sharing online), that's pretty much all the last two years have accomplished. Sigh... you would think I'd have been more productive...

No comments:

Post a Comment