Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Finishing


I made a hat!



This is a huge accomplishment only because I started this project over six months ago. This is a constant problem with me, ever since I was little. I am forever starting new projects and stories and forgetting about them halfway through. After several months of neglect, I took this one back up a few weeks ago and determined to carry it around with me until it was done. I was making it from the instructions I found on this wonderful Beginner's Knitting Site. I finally finished it this morning, and while it may be a bit lumpy and misshapen and definitely too loose for my head, I finished! (Maybe Hubby, with his huge noggin, will be able to use it!)

It feels pretty good to finish. I have lots of things I could finish right now, if I think about it:

Writing my novel.

Editing my short story for submission.

The dishes.

My bible study on 1 Cor. 3.

One of the two novels I'm reading right now.

The bowl of fruit salad sitting in my fridge.

Updating my daughter's baby book.

Scrapbooking.

So instead of sitting here boring you with an account of my morning, I will leave you with a verse that struck me in my devotions today, and a choice.

The verse:

If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.” 1 Cor. 3:17

The choice:
You can respond to either one (or both, if you really want to) of the following questions in the comments!

Question 1: What is something you could finish right now? (And after you answer, go do it! Trust me, it feels awesome!)

or...

Question 2: What are your thoughts on that Bible verse, and how could you apply it to your life today?

And leaving a comment is another thing you can check off your “Finish List”! Go you!

No comments:

Post a Comment