Monday, July 9, 2012

On the Bright Side


I am sitting here listening to my obviously-exhausted and hungry (yes, I did attempt to feed her: she wouldn't eat) almost-two year old crying piteously and fighting sleep in her crib. I have a raging headache, and all I want is a few moments of peace and quiet after our crazy morning of running errands this morning. It's rainy and yucky outside, and I still have half a to-do list left to do that is going to have to wait until Baby either finishes napping or until I finally give up trying to get her to do so. So yeah... I guess it's just one of those days.

BUT

I do have a lot of good news to share!

1. I lost another five pounds! I'm eleven pounds away from my goal for September (to lose forty by the time my mom and I go to New York).


2. I am ready to open my Etsy shop! I have all my items and pricing and packaging (and even my ear model!) ready for tomorrow, when I will officially pick a name from the contest entries, and as my first order of business, mail off the lucky winner's free pair of earrings! You have till midnight tonight to enter some name suggestions in the contest if you'd like to participate to win a free pair of earrings!








Who doesn't love pretty jewelry?


3. Baby is pretty much potty trained. We drove around a LOT this weekend, and she didn't have a single accident in the car, but always told us when she had to go potty.
She had a great time camping this weekend!

4. I finally downloaded the e-book I've been wanting to read. I first read the back cover of this about two months ago, and ever since have been trying to get it via the library or Paperbackswap.com, but it's been pretty popular. My hold finally came through today for the Adobe Epub book.
Can't wait to finish reading it! You can read the first three chapters online!


5. It is only 84 degrees outside! It's been in the 100s the last few days, so even though it's rainy and humid (and I think the change in pressure system is what's causing my headache), it's at least back to a liveable temperature. Plus, God did one of my chores from my to-do list for me and watered my plants this morning! Can't beat that!


6. I might be going to a con! I was looking up cons this morning on a whim, and found two I'd like to attend. Gateway 2012 is going on the last few days while we're visiting my parents in CA in August; it's a gaming con, and includes a table for Catan! Woohoo! And then there's Shore Leave 2012: a sci-fi con going on right here in my very own Maryland in a few weeks (Meet Captain Janeway? If you insist! ::fan squeal::)! I've never been to a con, though I've always wanted too, ever since I learned about Trekkie cons back when I was a kid. I'm hoping to make both of these, but even just one would float my boat! Now... if I could just get together a group of people to dress up like the crew of Serenity! (I want to be either Kaylee or Saffron. Hubby would make an excellent Jane.)

BEST SHOW EVAR!!!
Saffron, the smoldering temptress and con-woman.

Oh my... can it be? Yes, I think, after nearly 40 minutes of sleepy wailing, Baby has finally nodded off! Yay! I think I'll go play my new Worgen Druid to celebrate (7.  I got Lich King and Cataclysm for $30 as a weight loss reward, because Blizzard was having a killer sale.)


Do you have any good news to share?

2 comments:

  1. Its like you read my mind! Υou ѕeem tο knoω a lot
    about thiѕ, like you wrote the bοoκ in it oг something.

    I think that уou сan ԁo ωith a
    few pіcs to ԁrive thе message home a little bit, but insteaԁ of that, this is fаntastiс blog.
    A fantastic read. I will сertainlу be back.

    My homepage: same day loans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everythіng iѕ vеry open ωith a clear clarіfication of thе issues.
    It was trulу informatіve. Υour site is usеful.
    Thanks fοr sharing!

    Ηere is my blog: Property for Sale

    ReplyDelete