Monday, July 2, 2012

So much for having a schedule... but here's a recipe!

So I promised myself that I was going to start sticking to a schedule as far a blogging. I had it worked out like this:


  • Merch Mondays (in which I either review something I love, probably on Etsy or made by a fellow crafter, or display one of my various projects (to be created and posted on my Etsy shop (which I will eventually start up))). 
  • Storytime Wednesdays
  • Coffee-Girl Fridays (with Rachel Anne), and whatever other blog-hopping updates (basically a week in review post)
Tuesday and Thursday were going to be freewriting.

Of course, as soon as I start to come up with a schedule, we have a giant storm that knocks out power all over the DC/Baltimore Corridor. Luckily for us, we didn't lose power (or A/C, thank goodness-- 100+ degree weather here!), but it did knock out our internet until this afternoon. And even though I got almost an entire day to myself on Sunday to do whatever I wanted while Hubby took Baby over to his parents and did our laundry, I ended up doing a workout video then knocking several big cleaning projects off my list (oh well, they needed to be done-- they were long past due!). So, I will have to save a particular craft idea I had for later.

Meanwhile, since I don't have any cute crafts to share with you, here's a recipe I made up. It's scrumptious. Even Hubby, who fancies himself a gourmet cook and got his habit of critiquing every dish he tastes from his father (one more reason I'm so very happy not to be living with the in-laws anymore; one backseat chef per household is enough, but being tag-teamed by a father-son duo is just obnoxious!), said "I can't even think of one way to improve on this!" The best part: it only uses one pan! Yay for less dishes!

Herbed Cajun Tilapia and Vegetable Medley
Ingredients:
2 T olive oil
fresh sage, thyme, and oregano to taste (or 1 tsp each dried)
large onion
6 cloves garlic
14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained (or 1 large fresh one)
15.25 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
4 tilapia filets, thawed
green vegetable of your choice (I've used peppers or baby spinach, but I'm sure anything is possible)
cajun seasoning to taste
fresh ground black pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Mince garlic and herbs, and chop onion. Sautee onion and herbs until softened, then add vegetable of choice and toss. Add cajun seasoning, black pepper, tomatoes, and corn, and simmer 3 minutes, covered. Scoop entire thing to one side of the pan, then lay two tilapia filets on bare half of skillet. Scoop vegetables over tilapia filets and bare the other half of the pan. Lay down the other two filets and cover all evenly with vegetables. Cover and simmer on low heat 10 minutes. Do not flip. Serve when fish is cooked through.
Serves four.

*Nutrition info, for those of you who are counting like me! See below:

Calories: 450
Fat: 11 grams
Carbs: 49




No comments:

Post a Comment