Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lent for Everyone, Day 7: The Kingdom of Heaven

I apologize. It has been a crazy week, and I'm out of energy.
I knew this point would come somewhere along this devotional study, and I will try to move past it by tomorrow, hopefully, but since last Wednesday night basically my entire plan for my life beyond May has changed in less than a week, and I have also endured several different stressful encounters and confrontations with various people in my life, and by this point, you probably are well aware of how much that takes out of me.
Due to planning and meeting with the mom of the little boy I watch-- and just general craziness of parenting and housekeeping-- I haven't gotten around to doing today's reading until just now, and while I desperately want to do Matthew 6 the justice it deserves as one of the most packed sections of the Bible on the topic of Christian living, I am just utterly spent. So I'll just leave you with this for now: a picture, and a statement, based on Wright's devotional commentary on this chapter.



This is what the Kingdom of Heaven looks like.


How do you interpret this?

No comments:

Post a Comment